Friday, July 25, 2008

What's for dinner?











How about freshwater eel? This is a traditional, midsummer Japanese dish. They call it stamina food. The eel has lots of fat to give energy to keep moving in the heat. Jan had a late class and I had to get dinner on the table and sometimes it's easier to enlist the boys' help rather than fight to keep them out of the kitchen. In fact it was a lot of fun cooking with them. Jolon did an excellent job cutting the eel with the BIG knife and I had another little helper who did his part equally as well.

1 comment:

Jane said...

All of us back in Tennessee are impressed with your use of the knife, Jolon...and with an eel, no less!!! You looked like an expert--perhaps you can show Grammy the technique (but not with an eel!!!)..And Kellan, we were also impressed with your "help" in the kitchen! Taylor is giving similar help to Aunt Cristie and pictures have shown Allie mixing and fixing and assisting Aunt Allison! I think I see future Food Network Star material!!! Grammy