Around 7:30 or 8, I'll say to Kellan, "time for bed," or "let's go to your bed." Immediately he'll start looking around for Jan and Jolon to give them goodnight kisses and when they stop saying the word, "kiss," which makes Kellan turn around and toddle back over to them to kiss them again (he could do it for hours I think), I'll say to him again, "let's get in your bed." He'll lead me to the bedroom, close the door behind me himself and start trying to climb into the bed, which he can do, it just takes him a few tries. Cutest thing the other night was when he bent down and turned on the sleep machine, then shut the door, then climbed into bed. I'm still not sure if he was just having fun pushing the button or if he really understood that it's part of the routine.
One of my favorite things about him right now is how he calls Jolon, "Jo Jo."We went to the pool today and he kept pointing at Jolon and seemed to be proudly saying his name.
He loves to give out people's shoes to them....usually just before we head out somewhere, but it could be anytime.
He bows his head when we say "arigatou" (thank you).
When he wants something to drink, he says, "tea." I guess he refers to all drinks as tea. When he sees any kind of a bottle, he usually says, "tea."
He's been going to sleep really easily lately. I'll take him in and nurse him in bed for a few minutes. If he doesn't go right to sleep after I've nursed him for awhile, which he usually doesn't, he'll cry for a few minutes and then settle himself down while I lay there in bed with him. I stay until he goes to sleep which is usually 5 to 15 or 20 minutes. I can handle that and it seems to be a good, easy routine for both of us right now. Quite often he'll wake up again an hour or two later, I'll go back in and nurse him to sleep easily within a few minutes. Then we'll go to bed and he'll wake up a few more times to nurse, but I'm still not sure exactly how often.
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment