Monday, June 30, 2008

Play room and cafe






We went with Sarah, Tyler and Baby Noah, to a cafe and playroom on Saturday. We ate and then the boys played for an hour in a sort of a scaled down version of a Monkey's Playroom. In fact we had to wait nearly 2 hours just to get in, so by the time we finally sat down and ate, both boys were tired. Kellan had slept a little in the car so he was holding up pretty well, but Jolon had been up since 6:00 and he didn't get into the playroom until nearly 2:00. He did great though until just before we left. I could see how tired he was in his eyes and was already picking up the bags for the swift exit. But when I turned around he had Kellan in his arms and was walking towards the ball pit where he didn't just drop Kellan in, he actually swung him back and tossed him! The whole room went silent. I knew Kellan wasn't hurt (just scared!) but I had to leave him for a minute while I picked up Jolon and set him down on the bench without saying a word. He was compliant, didn't say a word either, just looked repentant and sat there until I told him he could get up. Kellan was fine. Poor Jolon had just about reached a point of exhaustion. I think the idea of tossing Kellan into the ball pit came into his head and before he knew what was happening, he was doing it. He looked as surprised as Kellan did.

1 comment:

Jane said...

It did remind me of Monkeyland and also Pump it Up with Jolon on the climbing wall...such fun! Jolon can still get in the "overtired, crazy mode" without a nap--glad the balls provided a safe landing...interesting how he immediately knew he was in for a time-out and quietly complied!!