Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy birthday, Kellan





Kellan said he wanted a shishimai cake this year, the traditional Japanese lion-dragon creature. As it turned out Jolon's class was making them out of milk cartons. So Jolon made the head, Jan had the inspiration for the leggo legs and I made a triple-layer devils's food cake as the body. We celebrated on Sunday night with our good friends at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Suzie turns 30 the day after Kellan turns 3 so it was a lovely joint birthday party.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a neat cake!! Your smiling face, Kellan, showed super approval! What a great job, Jolon, on the dragon face! And to Mom, wish I could have a slice of that triple layer chocolate! I am sure you had a very happy party and am guessing it was the Chinese restaurant you took me to and that the waitress held Esme!! Happy Birthday, Kellan!!!