Jolon really needed a haircut and by chance when I got mine cut last week, the hair stylist asked me if I'd mind bringing Jolon in so a trainee could use him as a model. They'd take some before and after pictures and we'd get a free hair cut. Although we have had some bad experiences before with Jolon's hair (the unforgettable bowl cut and then the shaggy, thinned out, razor cut), it was free and he did need one. Anyway, we're happy with the results, and the experience is worth writing about...First the consultation with the trainee, which took nearly 10 minutes: I explained that his hair was very fine and asked her not to use a razor, and then she pulled out a magazine and we finally agreed on a picture. And then she started cutting, and cutting and cutting. She worked on his hair (no shampoo-he was in the chair the whole time) for over an hour! Her boss kept coming to check and they kept making adjustments and the boss would cut and and then the trainee would cut. We got there at 6:00 and by 7:00 I was starving and Jolon was about to jump out of the chair. Actually he was amazing. They brought him a chocolate milk and some cakes to keep him going, and somehow he really did sit without squirming for most of the time (lots of funny faces in the mirror). We've taken him there before and it took awhile, but I was totally unprepared for over an hour. About 7:15 I told them he was getting tired and they sped up. Prior to that though they were completely absorbed in what they were doing and Jolon had been so good, that I think they just forgot about the time. Anyway, it's a cute cut.
Monday, October 12, 2009
Before and after
Jolon really needed a haircut and by chance when I got mine cut last week, the hair stylist asked me if I'd mind bringing Jolon in so a trainee could use him as a model. They'd take some before and after pictures and we'd get a free hair cut. Although we have had some bad experiences before with Jolon's hair (the unforgettable bowl cut and then the shaggy, thinned out, razor cut), it was free and he did need one. Anyway, we're happy with the results, and the experience is worth writing about...First the consultation with the trainee, which took nearly 10 minutes: I explained that his hair was very fine and asked her not to use a razor, and then she pulled out a magazine and we finally agreed on a picture. And then she started cutting, and cutting and cutting. She worked on his hair (no shampoo-he was in the chair the whole time) for over an hour! Her boss kept coming to check and they kept making adjustments and the boss would cut and and then the trainee would cut. We got there at 6:00 and by 7:00 I was starving and Jolon was about to jump out of the chair. Actually he was amazing. They brought him a chocolate milk and some cakes to keep him going, and somehow he really did sit without squirming for most of the time (lots of funny faces in the mirror). We've taken him there before and it took awhile, but I was totally unprepared for over an hour. About 7:15 I told them he was getting tired and they sped up. Prior to that though they were completely absorbed in what they were doing and Jolon had been so good, that I think they just forgot about the time. Anyway, it's a cute cut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I applaude you Jolon, on your patience--quite remarkable for an almost 5 year old. But as for me, sign me up as soon as possible. I would love to sit for an hour for a hair style. I wouldn't even have to have milk or cakes. I wouldn't really care too much about the outcome. I'd take my chances for an hour of someone working on my hair!!!
oops...meant to say...for an hour's work, they didn't seem to cut too much...guess the work was in the styling...and it did turn out very cute! Jolon, I can do the bowl cut for you--think Uncle Nicky used to have that style..maybe they will let me try that on Nate.....or maybe not!
Post a Comment