Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween costumes







Esme was a rabbit, Kellan a panda, and Jolon was a skunk with horns...a kind of furry monster, monster skunk, horned beast with a big tail, black and white horned ogre...take your pick. We went to the annual party in the park where Kellan peeled his panda suit off before he even got out of the car, and Jolon only wore his for about 10 minutes. Maybe I should have shelled out the money for the Spiderman costumes they really wanted. Auntie Erin and Amara were the most beautiful butterflies. I took just the boys to an organized trick or treating event that evening while Erin watched Esme, and Kellan did keep the panda suit on, and he looked adorable. Jolon was super cute in his suit too, until some bratty 8 year old girl came up behind him and said something about a stinky skunk. I didn't say anything to Jolon, wasn't completely sure he'd heard her. About 5 minutes later he told me that he wanted to take his costume off. When I asked why, he said he just didn't feel like wearing it any longer. I didn't say anything else, just carried that enormous costume around for the next 2 hours. Poor thing. Definitely gonna have to do spiderman or the likes next year.

No comments: