We are still having trouble with Kellan going to the toilet when he's supposed to. At the villa we kinda gave up and started putting a diaper on him in the evenings, just so our fellow guests wouldn't have to witness the puddle, the wet pants on the floor, the naked 2 year old running through the kitchen possibly trailing pee on his feet and then hear the whole, "oh Kellan, you did shi shi again? Really? We just went to the toilet 30 minutes ago and you said you didn't have to go," conversation. At home, we're getting better at taking him regularly to the toilet and usually he will pee, especially if I race him to the toilet and tell him that I have to go really badly...then he loves to beat me and keep me waiting. But mornings is the real problem, when he's sleepy and really does not want to be forced to go sit on the toilet. We're usually running around with breakfast etc. and don't have the time to convince him to go, and so out of laziness and/or as a reaction to Esme, he's been pooing in his diaper or sometimes even his pants if I've managed to get his diaper off first thing in an attempt to get him to go. Mari Sensei says it's likely that he's still adjusting to Esme. So we're trying to be patient with him.
As of last week he's also started stuttering. Ke-Ke-Can I have some? or Jya-Jya-Jolon and Ke-Ke-Kellan. It started a few days ago, the weekend after we got back from the villa. About the same time, we noticed that his English had gotten better, just from being in an all English environment for a week. I've read that it's a normal stage that a lot of toddlers go through as their vocabulary increases. His teacher said not to worry, that 3 other kids in his class were stuttering too. That was reassuring because to listen to him talking these days is kinda funny and kinda pitiful at the same time.
3 comments:
Hey, Kellan...what in the world are you wearing? I thought the posting was going to be about your outfit but that wasn't mentioned! What are they trying to put you in??--size 6 months??...no wonder you don't want to go potty--it would take too long peeling that suit off and stuffing yourself back into it...I'll have to say it is cute but you need to talk to your mom and dad about some new clothes!!! Talk to Grandpa about some $ for an outfit that fits!! Grammy
It does look awfully small, now that you mention it. But it is a swimsuit....Glad I took some pictures though because we laughed at him so much when he was wearing it, I doubt he'll ever put it on again.
A swimsuit!! How funny!! That first picture looks like he's in pain! Be sure it doesn't cut the circulation off!!!
Post a Comment