One of Kellan's teachers wrote a funny story about him and two of his friends, Eigo and Joji. They are in the same small group (Dance tsuko dance tsuko han), and during lunch, Joji, announced that he hated okra. Kellan and Eigo were quick to join him and they all began insisting that they hated okra. The teachers are pretty strict about food. The kids don't get seconds until everything else is eaten and they heap praise on the kids who clean their plates. In fact, it's rare for kids to leave their plates with food on them. After all 3 boys made a big deal about how much they hated okra. Joji, the oldest, stood up and said, "I'm 3 years old now and I'm in LION gumi." and he wolfed down his okra. Kellan then stood up and said, "I'm Esme's big brother and I'm in LION gumi too." and he ate his. Eigo got on board and said, "I'm a LION too,! and he opened his mouth for Joji to shove in the okra. Positive effect of peer pressure. Also proof of how much the teachers talk up the big brother to Esme thing. Jan usually picks the boys up these days. But when I show up with Esme, Kellan just beams and begs to hold her in front of his class. One of the things he is constantly saying is, "Can I hold him?" referring of course to Esme but somehow he still hasn't gotten the him/her thing straight. I should correct him, but it sounds so funny to me that I don't.
Thursday, August 20, 2009
Kellan hates okra
One of Kellan's teachers wrote a funny story about him and two of his friends, Eigo and Joji. They are in the same small group (Dance tsuko dance tsuko han), and during lunch, Joji, announced that he hated okra. Kellan and Eigo were quick to join him and they all began insisting that they hated okra. The teachers are pretty strict about food. The kids don't get seconds until everything else is eaten and they heap praise on the kids who clean their plates. In fact, it's rare for kids to leave their plates with food on them. After all 3 boys made a big deal about how much they hated okra. Joji, the oldest, stood up and said, "I'm 3 years old now and I'm in LION gumi." and he wolfed down his okra. Kellan then stood up and said, "I'm Esme's big brother and I'm in LION gumi too." and he ate his. Eigo got on board and said, "I'm a LION too,! and he opened his mouth for Joji to shove in the okra. Positive effect of peer pressure. Also proof of how much the teachers talk up the big brother to Esme thing. Jan usually picks the boys up these days. But when I show up with Esme, Kellan just beams and begs to hold her in front of his class. One of the things he is constantly saying is, "Can I hold him?" referring of course to Esme but somehow he still hasn't gotten the him/her thing straight. I should correct him, but it sounds so funny to me that I don't.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment