Jan brought the boys back from the park around 6:30 last night. They ran in, washed their hands and then laid down on the floor beside her and rubbed her head, pulled her toys, checked out her new toys (musical cat, soft rabbits, etc.), stuck their fingers in her mouth to feel her sucking. They seem most fascinated with her umbilical cord, which of course is black and pretty nasty-looking. She sat with us for awhile during dinner, which Erin came over to cook, and then went right back to sleep on the floor while the boys bathed, got dressed pajamas on, fought over which books to read before bed. She stirred around 10:15 and then I moved into our bedroom to nurse her. Kellan was acting perfectly normal and seemed to be genuinely happy to see Esme. As I was putting him to bed last night though he did say, "Mommy, kaeru no?" which means, "Are you going home, Mommy?" meaning the hospital of course. I assured him that Esme and I were staying here and that we'd all have breakfast together. This morning, while I was holding her on the sofa, Kellan fell down and hurt his arm. He ran to me and told me he wanted me to hold him and pointed to my lap where Esme was. I explained I couldn't right now but suggested he go to Jan who would pick him up. After a pause, he decided that would be ok.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Esme is home
Jan brought the boys back from the park around 6:30 last night. They ran in, washed their hands and then laid down on the floor beside her and rubbed her head, pulled her toys, checked out her new toys (musical cat, soft rabbits, etc.), stuck their fingers in her mouth to feel her sucking. They seem most fascinated with her umbilical cord, which of course is black and pretty nasty-looking. She sat with us for awhile during dinner, which Erin came over to cook, and then went right back to sleep on the floor while the boys bathed, got dressed pajamas on, fought over which books to read before bed. She stirred around 10:15 and then I moved into our bedroom to nurse her. Kellan was acting perfectly normal and seemed to be genuinely happy to see Esme. As I was putting him to bed last night though he did say, "Mommy, kaeru no?" which means, "Are you going home, Mommy?" meaning the hospital of course. I assured him that Esme and I were staying here and that we'd all have breakfast together. This morning, while I was holding her on the sofa, Kellan fell down and hurt his arm. He ran to me and told me he wanted me to hold him and pointed to my lap where Esme was. I explained I couldn't right now but suggested he go to Jan who would pick him up. After a pause, he decided that would be ok.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment