Monday, July 6, 2009

Esme is here! Kellan's reaction

When both boys saw her for the first time, they were very sweet with her, softly patting her toes, hands, and head. And within about two minutes they were jumping on the bed in my room asking where the cookies were that I promised would be here when they arrived.

Jan of course has been taking care of them the past few nights and he thinks Kellan is having quite a time processing what is going on.

Last night he reached up and tried to latch on to Jan's nipple, asking for "milky time."

When Jan was putting him to bed on Sunday night, Kellan reached up to Jan's face, rubbed it and said, "It's Mommy." I'm usually the one who puts Kellan down to bed first and then Jan brings Jolon later and stays around until they are nearly asleep.

And he's calling the hospital, "Mommy's new house." Jan picked them up from school and when they arrived at home instead of here, Kellan got very upset, insisting he wanted to go to Mommy's new house.

I know it's a big adjustment for him and that he'll be fine, but when Jan told me these things, I just started crying.

No comments: