We went to a flea market yesterday and got an old-fashioned snow cone maker for about $3.00. Jolon LOVES kaki gori, but it's usually made with colored, artificially flavored hfcs (high fructose corn syrup). I squeezed some grapefruit juice, added some sugar and the boys seemed to like it just as much as the real thing.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Kaki Gori (Snow cones)
We went to a flea market yesterday and got an old-fashioned snow cone maker for about $3.00. Jolon LOVES kaki gori, but it's usually made with colored, artificially flavored hfcs (high fructose corn syrup). I squeezed some grapefruit juice, added some sugar and the boys seemed to like it just as much as the real thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Looked like the snow cones were a big hit!! Remember the old ball park snow cones..I made a bunch of them when I served my duty at the concession stand..!! These homemade ones are a great alternative to the originals with the concentrated sugar and the bright dye that left your lips glowing !!!
Post a Comment