Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First day of school



We had to wake Jolon up which was a bit unusual and as soon as we told him it was time to get dressed for school, he insisted he was too tired and wanted to go back to bed. Highly unusual. But after a little coaxing, he got moving. It was a 45 minute drive up to Franklin but he was calm. We talked about all the things he might do, and what he was going to have for lunch, and how it was the very first day for all of the other kids in his class and that they were nervous too. One of the teachers remembered him from his testing, walked right over to us and called him by name which was nice. Jolon waved us off with both hands so I felt pretty good walking out the door. But that last hug and kiss was hard. (For the record, Jan cried more than I did) When we picked him up at 1:00 he was all smiles and proudly announced that he'd gotten to go to the playground. Also the cafeteria was BIG and NOISY, but he ate all of his lunch. We find out who his teacher will be tomorrow and Thursday, the 26th, is his first full day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How exciting!! I've had him and Allie on my mind as I knew this week would be full of excitment and changes! Glad to know everything went well!